Whilst there has been a vets in this area of Wimborne since the 19th century, the history of Lynwood itself can be traced to 1936 when John Birrell took over the practice. Lynwood has retained its reputation for being a leading practice within the veterinary profession to this day.
The Lynwood Wimborne practice has two partners and four assistant veterinary surgeons. They are further supported by a team of qualified veterinary nurses, trainee veterinary nurses and receptionists.
Originally a mixed practice but since 2004 a small animal dedicated practice enabling us to offer specialist care to companion animals.
The practice prides itself in the pro-active support of veterinary nurse training. 10 years ago the Lynwood School of Veterinary Nursing was formed. Three of our surgeries are now approved training practices and the Lynwood School of Veterinary Nursing now supports over thirty practices across four counties.
How to find us